Mindful Productivity and Focus
Being overly concerned with increasing your productivity can have the opposing effect and make your life miserable. Integrating simple sel-care routines and tasks to your regular days can help you maintain focus and better manage your energy, resulting in more productive days.
Here are some of the top 10 tips and ideas included in your Focus Journal. To get 10 more ideas, make sure to sign up for our email list and download our free PDF:
- Make a sing-along playlist and sing to it in the shower or on your way to work.
Energize your morning routine with your favourite tunes! Also make sure to do a naked dance and be grateful for your body!
- Try guided meditation and deep breathing.
You can take a guided meditation class or download an app. But you can also simply get in a cozy spot and close your eyes and think of all the wonderful things that are happening around you.
- Do the “power pose” (stand like superman) if you feel low on self-estime.
Be mindful of your posture. Sitting straight with your head held high will trick your mind into feeling more confident. When you're walking on the street, look up instead of staring at your phone or feet.
- Have a consistent healthy breakfast. Prep it the night before to save time.
Sometimes you're in a bad mood just because you might be hungry or not getting the right nutrients. It starts with breakfast. We recommend treating yourself to a big acai bowl. It's like dessert but healthier!
- Choose the right exercise routine for your body to release stress and stay fit.
Hate going to the gym? No worries! You can try dance lessons, brisk walks, tennis etc... try to find an activity that won't feel like a chore.
- Stay hydrated by keeping track of your water intake.
You know how important that is! We recommend keeping a large water bottle at your desk. Get one of the bottles that has a time tracking feature on it and record your water intake in your focus journal.
- Make use of your creativity. For a quick creative exercise, draw mandalas!
Mandalas are an ancient design that symbolizes the universe. These geometric designs typically feature a series of concentric shapes or repetitive patterns that lead to an inner point of focus. Making your own personal mandala can be, fun and relaxing as drawing repetitive patterns can have a meditative effect.
- Write letters to your future self to keep things in perspective.
Letter from yourself to yourself are fun to write and even more fun to receive. It allows you to really see what state of mind you were a few years ago, all the questions you had and how far you've come. Tools and websites like https://www.futureme.org/ allow you do easily do that.
- Have engaging conversations with the people you meet daily.
No matter how introverted you are, humans are naturally social beings and the loneliness epidemic is very real. Try to have authentic conversations from the heart with the people you meet. This will deepen your friendships and boost happiness levels for everyone involved.
- Give a random thank you gift to a colleague or anyone you appreciate.
Research has shown that gift giving makes the giver happier than the receiver. Yes, even a $5 fro yo counts!
We have 10 more effective self-care tips included in The Focus Journal 2.0. You can get them all by singing up to our email list and downloading our free printable templates!